Monday, September 27, 2010

Font!

I actually really enjoyed the general principles of this week's reading. While most of the reading was about two different research experiments, the importance of font was prevalent. I really enjoy utilizing fonts to help tell a story or affect the design of a document. The article talked about how each font has its own personality and offers something different. I totally agree with this. Each document has a perfect font to help it convey a message. Some people just stick with the basic or default fonts available, but I think it is important to play around with what you can do with fonts.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely did not put too much emphasis on choosing a font until I learned what various serif and sans serif typefaces can convey (last year in "writing for the professions.") Now, even if I'm just writing a 2-3 page essay, I give a second thought before mindlessly selecting Times 12 pt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good work on the blog so far :)) Keep it up =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy utilizing fonts also, however, I think this is hard to do a lot of the times and that is where I fall short of changing my font as much as I would like. I think it's cool we saw new fonts that we can download over the web the other day nad I may have to utilize that in the future. I just feel many of the fotns are similar, and some are very hard to read that I could hardly find a purpose for them at all.

    ReplyDelete